Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, April 11, 2008

He does everything well

A couple of days ago, a colleague led morning chapel. She's one of those highly gifted and beautiful people it's hard not to envy. But, surprise, she confessed that she struggles with comparing herself unfavorably with others. She read a quote from George MacDonald that brings the issue back to the wisdom, goodness, and sovereignty of God (the place I need to be always!).

"I would rather be what God chose to make me than the most glorious creature that I could think of; for to have been thought about, born in God's thought, and then made by God, is the dearest, grandest, and most precious thing in all thinking."

Chuck had a fairly large patch removed from his cheek yesterday, and now we're waiting for the biopsy results. If it's cancer, we pray that all the margins are clean.

I was very tired yesterday, but this morning I'm feeling well again. Despite tiredness, we went to the Clapham Group (anti-human-trafficking) meeting, and I was so happy to be there. We can see that God is building a network of similar small groups around this region, and it looks like a major part of our calling for now is to spread awareness. I picked up some posters, both in English and Spanish, and will seek strategic places to hang them (with permission).

I stepped outside when I got up and enjoyed a birdsong concert. Spring here is wonderful! Have a lovely weekend.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home