Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Honest doubts

Is there room for doubt in the Christian life? Erwin Lutzer, in The Vanishing Power of Death, says yes. He believes doubt is really the raw side of honesty. He distinguishes between doubt and unbelief. "Unbelief has been defined as rebellion against evidence that we cannot or will not accept. But doubt is simply stumbling over a stone that we do not yet understand." He says hardened doubt is kicking at that stone, even though we do understand it. Honest doubt is open to the evidence, and willing to change its mind if it sees new truth.

Thomas, Jesus' disciple, had doubts. Most famously, after the other disciples had seen the resurrected Christ in Thomas' absence, he said, "I will not believe unless I can touch His crucifixion scars." A few days later, Jesus graciously gave Thomas that opportunity, and he responded, "My Lord and my God." We wish we could have seen and touched Him too. But Jesus said, "How happy are those who haven't seen and yet believe." He will meet our doubts, if they're honest ones.

I worked a full day yesterday and felt wonderful. What a deliverance from last week! I feel I should ask you to keep praying that God will protect my organs from damage, either by chemo or cancer. To have come this far without damage is miraculous. I must not presume that it will automatically continue so.

Have a great day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home