Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Holding arms

The week is off to a good start. I was a little tired after working 5 hours, but it was perfectly acceptable to come home and rest. Picked up the next batch of Hexalen pills. Ouch, the co-pay is brutal. I’ll get a CA 125 test after the two weeks of Hexalen. Praying for a good low number.

A dear friend in Michigan sent a Mother’s day card with two Bible verses, the first of which was her own mom’s favorite. I’m going to share both of them with you, since they were very encouraging to me.

“The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms.” Deuteronomy 33:27

“The Lord your God is with you . . .
He will take great delight in you . . .
He will rejoice over you with singing.” Zephaniah 3:17

Just imagine being upheld by loving, everlasting arms! As tiny children, we took for granted that our parents would hold us like that. But as we grow up, we develop the idea that it’s up to us to hold ourselves together. Those holding arms are wonderful to count on.

This afternoon I’ll get an infusion of iron, followed by seven more treatments over four weeks. I look forward to gaining strength. Meanwhile, I claim the Lord’s promise that He gives His people strength. He really does—as much as we need for what we need to do.

Love,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue May 20, 07:24:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Julie said...

I can't wait to be held by those arms! I hope Jesus comes back soon.

Thanks for the note. I'm looking forward to seeing you as well! It will be wonderful to have everyone together to celebrate with Justin and Laura. I'm excited!

Love,
Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home