Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, June 27, 2008

Difficult but Good

These are difficult but good times!

Yesterday the Lord gave Carol an amazing burst of strength, in spite of several "upsets," as she said goodby to many dear friends both in person and by phone. These were short visits but very special touching times. Our family will start to arrive today for final hugs, kisses and goodbys, and will be with us for the weekend. Daughter Sue has been with me tending to many nursing details and just helping old dad since our return.

We do not know what timetable the Lord has, but without being able to take in food and water, that time must be coming soon. Hospice has set up and providing infusions of fluids to help assure clear thinking and reasonable strength for the weekend. We are completely in God's hands, knowing no better place to be. Possibly this is forcing us to FULLY rely on God.

Carol told me last evening that she would like to do another blog, but she is still sleeping and I know that many will be checking this morning, so this is your update. If possible she will "speak" later.

Thanks for all of your many many messages of love and support.

We love you all,

Chuck...and Carol too

1 Comments:

At Sat Jun 28, 03:23:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Cynthia Innes said...

Carol, we met in May 2007, as I visited SIM international on my way to run the SIM communications department in Malawi. I was there only a few brief days, but my afternoon with you was more encouraging and inspiring than you probably realized. So I just wanted to thank you now for being the encouragement you were to a young, inexperienced missionary heading out for the first time. Thanks for taking the time to spend with me.
See you again in the presence of our Lord!
Love, Cynthia (the girl with the smile)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home