Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Glory to YOUR name

During the early hours this morning as I was reflecting upon all of the events of these past days with Carol in the hospital, my mind wanted to lead me down the wrong road...in the direction of fear and anxiety. Each time I began to pray, my mind wanted to wonder again. Finally I got out of bed and tried to catch up on my daily reading of The Daily Message and read a bit from several books on my night stand. As I was reading the words of Jesus in John, my heart and mind were quieted when He asked "...Should I pray, 'Father save me from what lies ahead'? But that is the very reason why I came! Father bring glory to your name." (12:27b)

I am always amazed at the wisdom that jumps off the pages of Scripture and the peace that comes with it. Those words were a turning point in my thinking for today. There will be bumps in the road ahead but may the Lord use those bumps to bring glory to Himself!

We will be heading back to the hospital shortly to be with Carol. As you might suspect, Carol's room is the one where the nurses enjoy "hanging out". There is plenty of serious discussion there but also joking and laughter. We are thankful for the many new caring friends that have come into our lives.

Thanks again for your love, encouragement and prayers. You are all so special to us!

Love,

Chuck...and Carol too

1 Comments:

At Wed Jun 04, 03:58:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Julie said...

What a beautiful reminder. Your faith in the Lord is such an encouragement, and it does bring glory to His name. God bless both of you....you're in my prayers.

Love,
Julie

 

Post a Comment

<< Home