Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Case Manager

Yesterday as I sat in the infusion chair, I began to wish that a nurse would come and sit down so we could leisurely discuss the many interwoven concerns I have about my present condition. Impossible, of course; the room was completely full of patients and the nurses were running. So as we were leaving, I told Mary, the head nurse, what I'd been wishing, and as a result I have an appointment tomorrow morning (just before the next iron infusion) to talk it all through with the oncology nurse practitioner. Now I'm trying to organize my thoughts and concerns in order to ask precise questions and be sure we handle this specific patient, me, as a complete system and not as a series of disconnected complaints. I'm very relieved to have this opportunity, and so glad I asked.

It occurs to me that the above applies to prayer too. First, of course, to simply ask our loving and strong Father for what we need. But also, I think, it's good to prepare our requests, rather than simply ramble all over the place. He knows better than we do what we need and how He can best help us. Still, it would be a mark of respect to speak to Him thoughtfully, and to articulate as clearly as possible what it is that we're asking Him to do.

Blogger was quite troublesome this morning, so I think I'd better quit now and get this uploaded. I feel somewhat stronger today, and plan to spend less time sleeping; hope I'm right about that.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home