Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, June 01, 2008

I had high hopes...

I had high hopes that the gall bladder surgery would remove the source of the bile, and I could soon return to life as I knew it before all the vomiting. To our great disappointment, the surgeon found things extremely complicated once he got his “camera” inside the abdomen. He said it would have been too risky to proceed with the surgery, because the cancer had involved the gall bladder with adjoining intestines and liver surfaces. So I’m sewed up, in no pain, and back at square one. We’re sad and somewhat numb. Here’s the good news: God is not surprised. We’ll see the oncologist early Monday morning and will discuss other options. On Monday we’ll sign the forms to enter the local Hospice program. If you’d like more details about that program, let me know via a comment, and I’ll be happy to write more.

Some dear friends came this afternoon and brought a card with this message. It rings true!

“God holds our lives in His hands
like precious stones,
polishing each with challenges,
choices,
and changes.
And in time we become shining reflections
Of His purpose,
Of His promise,
Of His love.

That’s good truth.

I think I don’t need to tell you that we need prayer for guidance. I’ve been so aware of the terrific prayer support you all are providing. What gifts of grace. I’d still be thrilled to be healed on earth, but whatever God chooses is good.

Love,
Carol

3 Comments:

At Sun Jun 01, 05:50:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers are certainly rising from our household. In His grace, Cammie

 
At Sun Jun 01, 09:47:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Carol,

I'm quite sure I dont need further information on hospice care after having both my mother and sister benefiting from such wondrous, loving special care. Sometimes I felt we as family received even more from it than either my sister or mother!!
As I was praying for you this morning and read from the devotional "Jesus Calling" these thoughts just gripped me and I need to write them out for you here.

"Relax in My Healing, holy Presence. Be still while I transform your heart and mind. Let go of cares and worries, so that you can receive My Peace. Cease striving and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10 (NASB)

Know that Ken and I continue to pray for all of you during these most difficult days. Love, Pat

 
At Mon Jun 02, 08:31:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Cate said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home