Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Next steps

First, I didn't join Hospice yet. They will meet us at home when I'm discharged from the hospital and we'll sign the paperwork then. They will provide a hospital bed for me there, and will meet a long list of other needs as they arise. What they can't do--what no human can do--is prolong my life. I'm glad to have that decision in God's hands. Here's a statement of purpose of the hospice group I'm going to join: The mission of Hospice & Palliative Care Charlotte Region is to relieve suffering and improve the quality and dignity of life through compassionate hospice care for those at the end of life, and palliative care for those with advanced illness.

We're hoping to have a PEG tube inserted into the stomach today to provide a way to remove the bile without having to vomit it. And we're waiting to talk with a pulmonologist to get fluid drained from my lung cavity and to leave in place a permanent drain. Both of these I can manage at home. I wish we could get the latter procedure done today too, as I really really need to go home. But we'll see! So now I'm fasting again, in preparation for the PEG tube. But at least I've had four fine half-meals, with emphasis on protein.

I've developed a lot of edema, which is definitely not attractive or pleasant. The doctor is treating it, and I hope for relief soon. Let's just say, for you who understand such things, that I deserve a lot of M&Ms.

I'm still really fatigued. But before the day is over I hope to be able to send e-mails to those who have sent wonderful notes of encouragement. Please know how much I appreciate every one of you. I feel enriched by your friendship and love.

Love,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Tue Jun 03, 11:23:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Preacher Teacher said...

Hi, Carol.
I am praying for you.
Thanks for demonstrating strong reliance on the eternal God, our Refuge.
Jim Dyet

 
At Tue Jun 03, 03:40:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEAR, PRECIOUS, CAROL....HOW WE WISH WE COULD TAKE THIS AWAY AND MAKE YOU STRONG AND HEALTHY AGAIN...WE CAN'T OF COURSE, BUT, GOD CAN...WE TRUST HIM AND LOVE YOU DEARLY....PRAY FOR YOU DAILY, AND OFTEN....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home