Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Hope to go home Thursday

On Thursday morning, between 11 and 12, I’m scheduled for a procedure in thoracic surgery; it’s quite simple, merely to provide a drain for the fluid in my right lung. The surgeon says it will be okay to go home by evening. Fortunately, Sue is still here, so she’ll be able to help me adjust to being at home. The Hospice nurse and other staff members will also be at our house a lot at first, so we’ll do just fine.

I’m still somewhat swollen and stiff from the earlier procedures, but they’re healing well. I’m thankful.

I’ve received so many loving and encouraging notes and visits and calls. It’s my strong desire to thank everyone personally, but I’m afraid it’ll be awhile before I connect with enough energy for that. Can you take this “thank you” personally?

My friend in Chile, a professional violinist, sent a video of herself playing the Mozart Laudate with a choral group. It’s so beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. And now, the strains continue to echo in my mind. What a gift.

I wonder if anyone has ever had such a hospital experience. Every single staff member, no matter their position, has been unfailingly kind, patient, and even fun. The meals are truly delicious. It’s amazing.

Love to you all,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Thu Jun 05, 03:49:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

Praying for you all the way from Niger!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home