Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Remembering

Both Sunday and Monday evenings we watched T-V programs memorializing the faithful sacrifice of the military in all past wars. They are true heroes. Several 80-year-olds in recounting their experiences of 60 years ago were still overcome with emotion. One summed it up, "Freedom isn't free." That's why we have Memorial Day--to remember! Lest we forget.

We had such a lovely morning with our breakast guests. They're thoughtful people who ask meaningful questions like, "What have you learned during these 2 1/2 years with cancer?" I replied that the biggest lessons have been about God (His faithfulness, His mystery, His sovereignty, His kindness). The second group of lessons was about people--so kind, so caring, so supportive. We are blessed.

After they left, I spent several hours of the day sleeping--again. I suppose the chemo pills are causing this fatigue. Today is the end of week one on the pills; I'll be glad to finish this round and test the cancer numbers to see what's going on.

I think I feel better today. I plan to work a few hours, and then this afternoon I'll get another iron infusion. I'll see if my nurse has any ideas about how I've felt the past 3 days.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home