Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Up day, down day, up day, etc.

A lesson I must learn at this stage in my cancer journey is not to count on anything. Yesterday I wanted only to be in bed--all day--despite a good night's sleep Friday night. I did get up for the afternoon invitation to our new neighbor's home, and it was lovely. (But still I was wishing I were back in bed.) I don't understand this, and I'm certainly wishing for an up day today.

This morning in Sunday school we're wrapping up our half-year study of Genesis. It's been great. One of Joseph's final statements was a question: "Am I in the place of God?" He was assuring his brothers that he would not pay them back for their terrible treatment of him. But I think the question applies to all of life. Am I in the place of God? No. I don't know all that He knows, and for that reason alone, it's inappropriate for me to question what He does. Or to try to do on my own what only He can do.

I found the following during some Internet research about my cancer. We've all been amazed by how well I've felt and how long I've survived. People may be the reason.
"Researchers at the University of Iowa City found a link between psychosocial factors and immune function in cells isolated from human tumors. They noted that ovarian cancer patients with greater social support have stronger natural killer (NK) cell activity in tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) cells, as well as peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMC).

"Social support may play a protective role and may be an independent marker of health-related quality of life among cancer patients. Behavioral factors may contribute to disease outcomes."

All of which leads me to say, again, how grateful I am for your friendship, love, and prayers. You have played a huge role in my wellbeing these 30 months (and the years before as well).

Gratefully,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home