Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Overwhelmed?

Have you every felt overwhelmed? I think that is a word that frequently describes my feelings. I can’t believe how many dear friends are struggling with health, grief, emotional and spiritual issues. I want to “fix” them but realize that is God’s job, but it is my job to continue to pray for them and be available when I can help and encourage them.

Recently I was reading an article by David McCasland referring to Romans 12:9-21. He said; “Paul gives ways to express practical Christianity. ‘Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.’ (vs. 15) We can give a hand to grieving friends and family by understanding their sorrow and not expecting them to ‘get over it.’ We can mention the name of the person whose death has brought such desolation and then share a fond memory. We can be quiet, listen and pray for God’s help. Only God can help the deep wounds of the heart, but we can lend a hand…No one is strong enough to bear his burdens alone.” Well said!

My plans to do some yard work in the cool of the morning were changed today by a nice shower, so I focused on a bit of cleaning and organizing inside. I took care of one cupboard containing many medications which Carol used as she battled cancer. That was one of those things I have put off many times but needed to be done. It is emotional for me to remove memories…even pills.

Tomorrow I plan to have a few people in for dinner. I found a package of meat in the freezer that is more than I wish to use for myself, so it is a good excuse to have some folks in for a meal. So many continue to invite me for meals and I know that there is no way that I can reciprocate, but I try to connect with as many as possible. On Monday I will have guests over night as they travel from New York back to Florida. Visitors are always a blessing! Stop in when you can. You are always welcome.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home