Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Look to the LORD

The past few days seem to have been a bit extra stressful for me. I required a steroid shot to arrest a nasty case of poison ivy and it seemed to do a number on my sleep. Spending many nighttime hours remembering those days a year ago as Carol was valiantly finishing well. It was just a year ago yesterday that we met with Tom and Stuart to discuss plans for her celebration. Carol was able to spend over 12 hours with the family that day and even watched us eat our final dinner together as she was no longer able to take in food. It was so wonderful to have the family all here for that special time and after we tucked Carol into bed, each family member went into her room sharing some final thoughts before their hugs and kisses and departure back home. Our three daughters stayed on and were a tremendous encouragement to both Carol and me.

As I reflect on those days, I am reminded of a recent reading in Indeed which quoted 1 Chronicles 16:11: "Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always." The author said; "...humility and impossibility set the stage for His power. Weakness demonstrates His strength." We certainly did feel weak during those days but at the same time experienced amazing strength which I know was from the Lord.

Early tomorrow I plan to head for our lake house in Indiana and will connect with Karin, Keith and family. On Thursday we plan to continue to Sault Ste. Marie (Michigan) where we will join Sue and Jeff at their new home and welcome all of the extended family with the exception of Lisa who cannot get away at that time. Lots of miles, but I am so thrilled to be able to be with the family again. Those are always such special times. I am praying for safe travel and good health for everyone.

Thanks for your prayers and frequent contacts. You have no idea how much that encourages me.

Love to you all,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home