Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, August 21, 2009

Promises

The other day a friend asked; "What have you been reading lately" and I had to stop and think about it for several moments. Even with the reading that I do each morning, it seems that my days get so full that the "food" I started with from the Word of God gets pushed way back in my thoughts. I was challenged by that question to do a better job of meditating about what I read earlier during the day. Filling those available moments during the day with the encouragement and challenge I read about during the early hours.

For several days "Indeed" has been focusing on the "Great and Precious Promises" from God. The author reminds us that all of those promises are assured. But..."The only catch is this: You have to know the promises and you have to ask Him in faith to fulfill them. Other than that, there are no overriding restrictions...Everything for life and godliness has been promised."

Here are a few brief promises that were mentioned. You may wish to look up the verses and read a more complete account. "Whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16) "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." (1 John 1:9) "He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear." (1 Corinthians 10:13) "In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:6) "Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." (Matthew 6:33) "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4) Looking ahead, I see that there is a new promise for each day right on to the end of the month. But as I read these wonderful promises, I am reminded that with each comes requirements, but there again He has promised to provide the strength and wisdom to claim them if we but trust and obey Him!

This weekend I am going camping in the mountains on the Blue Ridge Parkway with my neighbor Keith and a dear couple from the mission. I am praying that this will be a refreshing and restful time for each of us and a time to share a bit about what the Lord has been doing in each of our lives. Thanks so much for your prayers. I am always encouraged knowing that you are out there praying for me as I do for each of you.

I trust that each of you will have a special weekend with family and friends enjoying some of the rich blessings from the Lord.

Love,

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home