Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Steady steps

I am always amazed at how much time I can spend getting the work done in and around the house and today was no exception. I feel that I am about on top of those details so will get a quick blog out for all of you dear people that keep checking and praying.

Our camping trip last weekend went well but we did have rain and got soaked. Quite honestly I wondered if neighbor Keith would every want to camp again but on our way home he said he was ready to go again, any time I wanted company. I was reminded that a trip like this is one that you remember and will talk about many times in the future. When everything goes just right, it is fun but takes a back-seat in our memory bank.

As I have been reflecting on the promises of God this past week I was encouraged by my reading in The Daily Message which included a portion of Psalm 119.

“You’re blessed when you stay on course,
walking steadily on the road revealed by GOD.
You’re blessed when you follow his directions,
doing your best to find him.
That’s right—you don’t go off on your own;
you walk straight along the road he set.
You, GOD, prescribed the right way to live;
now you expect us to live it.
Oh, that my steps might be steady,
keeping to the course you set;
Then I’d never have any regrets
in comparing my life with your counsel.
I thank you for speaking straight from your heart;
I learn the Pattern of your righteous ways.
I’m going to do what you tell me to do;
don’t ever walk off and leave me.”…

“I’ve banked your promises in the vault of my heart
so I won’t sin myself bankrupt.”
(vs. 11)

Hopefully I am starting to get it. We have everything that we need for life and godliness but we need to know the promises and in faith ask Him to fulfill them. I plan more study and reflection on those promises this coming week.

Might our steps be steady along that course He has set!

Love to you all, Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home