Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, May 02, 2014

Remember, Pray and Trust!

Sorry to let so much extra time lapse since sending the last blog.  I cannot believe how busy I can get just handling personal matters, entertaining a bit and responding to invitations here in the village.  Today I am taking time to touch base with you before anything else is started.

I have continued to read the Psalms this week, and after reading Psalm 85 reportedly written by the sons of Korah, I liked their plan of attack to an apparent national setback.  It seems like the appropriate plan both for a nation and for us individually when we face setbacks.

They recommend; (1) REVIEWING WHAT GOD HAS DONE in the past, (2) SHARING THE PROBLEMS AND CONCERNS WITH HIM, and (3) TRUSTING HIM for deliverance in the future.   I suspect that we could condense the entire thirteen verses of Psalm into three words; REMEMBER, PRAY and TRUST.  It sure sounds simple enough but from experience I find that it takes determination to fully put that plan into action.

I then wondered; who are the sons of Korah that are worthy of a listening?  After some digging I found that their father, Korah, was one of the three that incited rebellion against Moses and Aaron in Numbers 16:1-50.  Korah, his two friends, their families, 250 other leaders and everything they owned dramatically were “removed” when the earth literally swallowed them alive!  Interestingly, later in Numbers 26:11 we read “However, the sons of Korah did not die that day.”  We also read that the very next morning over 14,000 ended up dying for muttering against Moses and Aaron.  So the sons of Korah are writing from the first-hand experience of their father and likely many friends and acquaintances facing very untimely deaths at the hand of God for rebelling against God’s commands relayed through Moses and Aaron.

I find it is so easy to read Scripture without stopping to ask myself the 5 important questions; who, what, when, where and why.  It takes a bit of extra time, but it then gives the account real credibility as in reading this short chapter.  That has been one of the great blessings of having some extra time to really think (meditate) about what I read!

I trust that your week has gone well and that you have a blessed weekend!

Love,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home