Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, January 17, 2014

Temperature Surprise



What a shocker to step outside to retrieve the paper early this morning and find the temperature in the upper 30’s.  Fortunately it was into the mid 60’s later in the day.  As daylight was breaking, steam could be seen rising from the lake making a huge cloud.  The temperatures are to get back into the more normal 70’s in a couple of days.  Fortunately we did not have frost here but some areas were concerned about their crops.

We have been well supplied with citrus fruit from our orchard here in the village.  Recently I was surprised when I pealed what appeared to be an orange turning out to be a lemon.  We have quite a variety of citrus, so it is fun checking out the different tastes and textures.  Some are unable to be pealed without the juice running down your arm…but they are delicious!

With the cooler weather the turtles and alligators are not as often seen around the lake and the birds are slower moving as they survey the shoreline.    The Osprey have been circling around this week apparently looking for a good nesting site.  I saw one of them check out a former nest but they seem to still be exploring.  Today one of them that was perched upon the tall flagpole on a peninsula in the lake, took a dive into the water and come out with a nice fish for his lunch.  I have to be careful or watching all of the wildlife activity can keep me from the more urgent tasks at hand.

This morning I read; “Satisfy us each morning with your unfailing love, so we may sing for joy to the end of our lives.”  (Psalm 90:14)  That was likely written by Moses while spending 40 years in the wilderness doing his best to serve the huge Israelite group as they wondered about.  That was no small task for him and a good reminder for me as I meet the challenges each day!

I trust that His unfailing love will satisfy you each morning and throughout the day!
.

Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home