Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Let the Lord keep me in his thoughts

I have been enjoying studying the Psalms this month.  Often in the past I have had a goal to cover a certain amount each day, but I am taking the Psalms at a slower rate.  Usually focusing on one a day, looking for previously unnoticed messages and then reflecting upon how that reading applies to me personally.  As I read Psalm 40, I was visualizing how “down” David appears to have been…possibly in the pit of depression?  But he recalls “I waited patiently for the LORD to help me, and he turned to me and heard my cry.  He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and mire.  He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along.”  What a testimony of the Lord’s goodness!

I have thought about that frequently since reading it, questioning myself about how often he has lifted me out of what seemed to be an impossible situation, but how faithful was I in giving HIM the glory on each occasion?  How easy it is to focus on our own cleverness, or the advice and council of another human being and forget who really provided the basis for the solution.  It is a good reminder to me that I like David, give glory to the Lord’s faithfulness, unfailing love and saving power!  I like that 17th verse; “As for me, since I am poor and needy, let the Lord keep me in his thoughts.  You are my helper and my savior.”

As I look back over my calendar, I am amazed at how many things I have managed to squeeze into my schedule.  It is a delight to have so many opportunities and the health and strength to participate in a good number of them.  It is encouraging to be among very active seniors here that continue to be involved to the maximum that their strength allows, and graciously adjust as their activities need to be reduced.

Next week I plan to get some landscaping work done around the new addition.  The irrigation has been run to that area and the sand has been replaced with good soil which should encourage the health of the plantings.  With the help of a Master Gardner friend, I have staked the location of each plant and expect the plants to arrive later in the week.  Hopefully the addition will look more inviting from across the lake when the planting is competed.

Thanks so much for all of your kind notes, phone calls and emails.  They are always appreciated!

Love to you all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home