Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Amazing weather

This evening I took a quick look at the weather around the country and was reminded to pray for so many of you that are challenged with difficult driving conditions and power outages.  Snow can be beautiful, but after so many years living with it, I have to admit that I do not miss it.

I am amazed at how rapidly days pass here, but in my spare time I enjoy watching the wild life activity from my porch windows.  The osprey have returned to take over their relocated nest.  This past summer the power company carefully removed it from top of a transformer with a tall cherry picker, added about a six foot extension to the pole, secured a large dish at the top and swung the nest into place.  This removes the danger of their shorting out the transformer.  During the past two days the birds have been adding twigs and large tree branches to the nest.  It is amazing to see them carry the large pieces and weave them into the fabric of the nest.  They are located directly across the lake from me so I have a great view, especially with binoculars.  I have a small alligator that swims by often as well as our big 6-7 foot friend.  Fortunately he is rather shy and keeps his distance when anyone is near the lake.

Thanks for praying about my meeting today.  It was fun talking with the group and I was pleased to have the opportunity to share with them and become better acquainted.   I was surprised to learn that one of the group attended the same church that Carol and I attended in East Lansing, so we enjoyed comparing updates and information about mutual friends in that area.

Today I read Psalm 31 and enjoyed David’s desires and honesty.  Here are some phrases that especially spoke to me; “Oh LORD, I have come to you for protection”…”You are my rock and my fortress”…”I entrust my spirit into your hand.” And then he inserts; “I am dying from grief!”  But quickly responds; “But I am trusting you, OH LORD, saying you are my God!  My future is in your hands.”   A good reminder to keep our focus clearly upon Him, regardless of our circumstances.

I was delighted to have another couple from Charlotte visit me this week.   Hopefully they will delay their return until the weather and roads clear up.  It is always a bit difficult to really believe that there can be such a contrast in weather only a few hours away.

I trust that each of you is comfortable this evening even if the weather outside is frightful.

Love to you all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home