Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, July 01, 2014

Know God Intimately

Today as I was doing a bit of cleaning in the house, I heard the sound of a mower working in the yard and was reminded about what a blessing it is not to be responsible for all of the yard work.  While the lawn was being mowed, I heard the hum of a chainsaw and saw a couple of our yard men trimming two of my trees which were starting to brush the roof.  Shortly there was a pile of limbs that they scooped up with the tractor loader and moved them to the disposal pile.  In no time the yard work was all done and they went off to their next project.  WOW that would have taken me most of the morning! 

As I approach the sixth anniversary of Carol’s passing, I am reminded of some of our last conversations.  I suspect that final words can stick in our minds far more than many earlier conversations.  Thinking about that, I read King David’s final instructions or words to his son Solomon.  He challenged him; “Solomon my son, learn to know the God of your ancestors intimately…”  (1 Chronicles 28:9)  That was a concern for David that he wanted to pass on to Solomon, and I suspect that is something that we fail to accomplish if we don’t make it our focus.  It is easy to get all wrapped up knowing about God but fail to get to really know him intimately.  I am taking that as a challenge for my life too!

I plan to spend a few days with several of the family members later this week in Indiana, but with us being so spread out geographically, it will be impossible to get together with everyone at once this time.  I will be taking another trip later in the summer to connect with the rest of the family.  It is always a blessing for me to spend time with them.  Your prayers will be much appreciated as I travel those many miles.  There certainly are plenty of hazards and at the same time I am very much aware that I am getting older and a bit slower in my reactions.

Love to you all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home