Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, June 01, 2014

David's Response

While reading Psalm 109 I observed an excellent example of how best to respond to a slanderer.  David’s accusers used some rather strong words to make their point (verses 6-20).  I am afraid that I might have been most likely in this case, to come back with similar strong words.  But David characteristically responds with; “Help me O LORD my God!  Save me because of your unfailing love.  Let them see that this is your doing, that you yourself have done it LORD.  Then Let them curse me if they like, but you will bless me!  When they attack me, they will be disgraced!  But I your servant will go right on rejoicing!  May my accusers be clothed with disgrace; may their humiliation cover them like a cloak.  But I will give repeated thanks to the LORD, praising him to everyone.  For he stands beside the needy, ready to save them from those who condemn them."  (verses 26-31)  A great reminder to avoid an inappropriate quick response, but immediately turn the matter over to the Lord, fully trusting him, while thanking and praising him.  That is good to remember!

I had a delightful visit from one of our “adopted” daughters last week.  Unfortunately I was limited with my time with her and her sister because I got hit with a “bug” going around putting me out of commission for several days.  I find that I still am mighty short on energy but also remember that I am no longer 30 years old.   Sue will be returning to Benin after spending time back here in the states.  Oh yes, I am doing much better now.  The holiday weekend caused a bit of delay in getting an antibiotic so it got more seated than it should have.

I have several travel plans in the works during the summer but nothing completely worked out yet.   There are a few things on this end that I need to work around here as well as confirming availability of people that I want to connect with.  Hopefully those plans will be coming together shortly.

I trust that you are all doing well and am always thrilled to hear from you with any updates.

Love to all,


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home