Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Gratitude

This morning as I awoke, I was reminded that this would have been Carol’s 77th birthday today.  I greatly miss her but am so thankful for the nearly 49 years we did have together!  Then as I read Psalm 103 I joined David in gratitude to our amazing God who; “…forgives all my sins, heals all my diseases, redeems me from death, crowns me with love and tender mercy and fills my life with good things, renewing my youth like the eagle’s.”  (Verses 3-5)

Yesterday morning while attending a coffee/goodie time with a large group of our residents, I was asked by our head nurse if I would be available to go to the hospital.   A resident was taken by ambulance to the hospital earlier in the day with severe chest pains.  One of our nurses accompanied the resident to the hospital but was needing to return and join our other nurse staff to deal with health issues in the village.  It was one of those busy days for the nursing staff, but a tremendous blessing for me to spend five hours with this dear resident reflecting upon God’s mercy and goodness.  We were thrilled that no major problem was found and I was able to bring the resident back with me to their home here.   I have been so impressed with the loving care from our staff and residents.  It is truly a blessing to be a part of this wonderful community!

Tomorrow daughter Lisa is scheduled to return from a month long vacation in India.  Her access to the internet and phone system has been rather spotty as she traveled about the country.  It will be good to hear all about the trip when she returns.  She has been flying and connecting to flights since Tuesday so I have been praying for safe and pleasant travel.

I will be staying here for the Memorial Day holiday because a long-time friend will be arriving here tomorrow to spend a week.

I trust that you are all doing well and a blessed weekend!


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home