Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, May 15, 2015

God continues to work

Having just completed the reading of the Book of Esther, it was a good reminder for me to see how through the numerous successes and setbacks that were experienced, God was always at work in the background.  That is something that I fear is so easy to forget.  It certainly is for me.  When major disappointments come along it is easy to get discouraged and at times even ready to give up, while I have found time and again, that if I am truly obedient to God’s word and allowing His Spirit to guide, ultimately He will be glorified and I will accomplish just what he desires.  Possibly it may be by a slightly different route or even looking quite different than I anticipated, but in the end being a joy to see take place.  I feel that far too often it is too easy to forget that we are possibly placed in a particular position “for such a time as this,” as was the case with Esther.  I suspect most around her at that time would have expected Esther to lose her life by not following protocol, but before she proceeded, her heart was prepared through prayer and godly counsel, resulting in thousands of her Jewish friends being saved from death.  God works through individuals and nothing is impossible for Him!

I am still working on the right balance of meds to allow for comfortable breathing without nasty side effects.  I have experimented with several possibilities and decided it was time to consult my pulmonologist to see what he would suggest.  After setting up the appointment, I started having some pain in my lower back.  Having just had some pre-cancer spots frozen in that area, I thought that was the problem, but the pain got worse and suddenly a rash appeared.  You guessed it…shingles!  So now I am balancing a new med pattern for breathing, and taking antivirals to arrest the shingles.  I am thankful for good doctors and access to effective meds!

Tomorrow I am scheduled to fly to Raleigh/Durham to visit friend Keith.  Fortunately I am not attempting a 12-hour drive with a back that does not like the pressure of a seat on it for long periods of time.  I am looking forward to a few days with him to catch up with each other and visit other friends in the area.

I trust that your week is going well!


Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home