Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, December 24, 2005

He's Sovereign!

Christmas Eve Morning! It is hard to believe that tomorrow is Christmas. It came so fast. Yesterday we had a sweet couple that we did not know, stop in to see us and leave a stocking filled with gifts for Carol. She is a cancer survivor of three years, and brings a stocking full for each patient suffering with a similar cancer. Included in the stocking was a journal which Carol is not able to use yet, a pill organizer, cookies, candy etc. They actually drove in some miles from another city to make the delivery at CMC where she had been cared for...God's angels at work?

Our plans certainly changed. Karin and family were to fly to Texas to be with Keith's family, Sue and family were to spend time with Jeff's family, and Carol and I planned to be in Washington DC to spend Christmas with Lisa. I am so thankful that we were all able to be together as a family during the week of Thanksgiving before we knew what was ahead of us. We are so blessed by a loving, caring family!

Yesterday I was reading Indeed which focused on God's sovereignty. It was good to be reminded that "NOTHING can separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord". (Romans 8:38-39) We know that "bad" things happen to "good" people, but that is okay. I insert quotes around the bad and good because that appraisal may be only in my/our eyes. Regardless, we know beyond any shadow of a doubt...GOD IS Good! While it may be difficult for us to always understand, we believe Paul's statement, that all things are working together for good for those who love God and are called according to His purpose (8:28).

These are trying times for all of us. I would love to say that we always are strong and brave, but we have those up and down emotions, and as I explained to our youngest grandchild (Gavin 13) strong men do cry. We had a good time talking about that one morning when the two of us were up long before the rest of the family prior to Carol's surgery. He had told his mom (Karin) that he was having a hard time not crying and being strong. Sometimes I believe that my grandkids can teach this old man far more than long-time teachers.

It will soon be time for the girls to be up, and we will again head into the city for a day at the hospital. I cannot tell you how blessed we are by your prayers and love. I print out each email when I return home, so Carol will be able to read them, but these last few days she has not been up to even listening to me read them to her. There have been no calls from Lisa this morning, so I assume that no news is good news and trust that today will be a day of progress for Carol.

We wish you all a Blessed Christmas. May that joy and peace that only comes through Jesus be yours now and until that day when all of His people meet in heaven...What a reunion!

Our love to all of you!

Chuck...and Carol too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home