Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Thanks for Praying!

As I awoke this morning, I found myself thanking God for what appears to be some additional quality time with Carol beyond our 46 plus years together, and for fantastic praying family members and friends...that is YOU!

A dear friend recently wrote that they were praying for quality...not quantity time for us! I am not sure why we struggle so to stay here when we know what lies ahead. As Carol said prior to her surgery, "I win either way, but my concern is for you!" That may, at least in part, be the answer.

Some time ago our Sunday School class focused on Paul's prayer for the Colossians (Chapter 1), and that is what we pray for you and appreciate your praying for us. I especially enjoy the New Living Translation of this Scripture as Paul prays for them (as is our prayer):

1. For a complete understanding of what God wants to do in our lives.
2. That we will be wise with spiritual wisdom.
3. The way we live will always honor and please the Lord.
4. We will continually do good, kind things for others.
5. Learn to know God better and better
6. We will be strengthened with his glorious power.
7. Have all the patience and endurance that we need.
8. We will be filled with joy.
9 Always thanking the father, who has enabled us to share the inheritance.

Thanks for praying! We KNOW that God is good...always!

Have a wonderful day!

Chuck...and Carol too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home