Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, December 23, 2005

Praying for You

Awakening early this morning, I was praying for all of you dear family and friends that bless us with your prayers and love, expressed in so many wonderful ways.

It has been a tradition for the two of us each morning to spend time individually reading and praying for family, friends and world situations, and then to spend time together reading a brief devotional and then joining our hearts in prayer, especially for family and friends facing challenges. I am thankful for the girls being here, but do miss my "partner".

Currently we are using a devotional to which our Bible Teacher, Tom Bowers introduced us. It is Indeed, Knowing God With Certainty (Walk Thru The Bible), but over the years we have also used My Utmost for His Highest (Oswald Chambers) and others. As I think of the tremendous blessing of you caring, praying friends, I am reminded of something from Oswald Chambers..."My personal life may be crowded with small, petty happenings, altogether insignificant. But if I obey Jesus Christ in the seemingly random circumstances of life, they become pinholes through which I see the face of God. Then when I stand face to face with God, I will discover that through my obedience thousands were blessed." We have been blessed by your obedience to Christ, and pray that we will bless many through our obedience to Him, even now as we "walk through the valley".

Because of Carol's condition, daughter Sue (RN) insisted on staying with Carol again last night. I pray that she was able to get some good sleep. It is too early to call her for an update now, but we again will head for the hospital as soon as the other girls who are home with me are up and ready. I will try to keep you up to date through the blog when I get home, and as there is something new to report.

Several have asked about visits and telephone calls. Carol is still not up for that yet, but hopefully will turn the corner shortly. I will let you know...your prayers are always important!

May each of us get a glimpse of God through pinholes of obedience to Christ today!

We love you all!

Chuck...and Carol too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home