Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Measuring our days

I used to measure a day in terms of achievement: a gripping article written, a great meal served, a room cleaned, a friend helped. Now I measure a day by its share of meaningful conversations with dear friends, encouraging e-mails and cards, naps, and glimpses of God's grace. While I do look forward to regaining enough energy to go back to work, I also realize the value of set-aside times as well.

Thanks so much for your prayers. I continue to sleep well at night, I'm coughing less, and the lung problems aren't increasing as quickly as they were earlier. I need to learn to be more aware of what's going on throughout my body so I can recognize when things are abnormal and take remedial action before a crisis occurs. I've taken my health for granted for so long.

On Friday my wayward brain traveled often into the future. Always with dread. Thank God, He taught me that I need only enough of His grace for this day (sometimes for this moment), and I'm going to try to live in the present. Each day is a gift, and is filled with gifts. The key is to recognize them.

Thanks again for all your love, caring and prayers.

Carol and Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home