Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Encouragement

We're up early to say Goodby to Sue and Jeff. Yes, Jeff arrived only 24 hours ago after driving through the night. They both have to work Friday--thus the brief visit. Our time with the DeValves last evening was wonderful. Jeremy is excited about the opportunity God has opened for him to spend a half year in Niger, West Africa. Since their town is still in the early stages of receiving a Christian witness, Jeremy's main job description will be to "hang out" with teens and kids, making friends and living and loving as Jesus would. (The town is more modern than I realized; they have electricity, cell phones and some paved streets.)

I'm heading back to bed. I suppose there are millions or billions of people in the world who wake up every morning feeling worse than I feel after chemo, but I still don't like it. I have no pain or nausea, only a general sense of "unwellness." I'm hoping to feel better by afternoon so I can get some work done at the office. It's quite remarkable that my blood tests are still showing favorable numbers after 9 chemo treatments. They didn't run a tumor marker test (CA 125) this time, so we'll have to wait a couple of weeks for an update on that.

Your love and encouragement mean the world to us.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home