Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Alli Willaqui

Alli Willaqui ("Good News" in the Quechua language of Peru) is the name of a Bible-based radio program. Several years ago Quechua translators Prospero and Leopoldo announced they would have to stop the broadcast because they had run out of money. High in the mountains, a young shepherdess heard the bad news and asked her father to sell one of her sheep and take the money to the broadcasters. During the program the next Saturday, the men thanked her, and a more prosperous listener said, "If a small girl can help, why can't I?" Soon gifts were pouring in and now, nine years later, the broadcast continues. I read this inspiring account in "Rev.7," the report magazine of JAARS, a technical service spun off from Wycliffe Bible Translators (www.jaars.org). I know we can't solve all the problems we hear about. But, hey, every one of us can do something! So why don't we?

Corrections and approvals for the SIM magazine are coming in now. Some of the people I need to hear from are in remote areas and most are way too busy, and I need prayer that God will help all of them to respond in a timely way.

Grandson Jeremy (jeremyinafrica.blogspot.com) has put several fascinating photos on his site. We thank the Lord for giving Jeremy so much joy in being in Niger. It looks like he's accomplishing his objective of making friends.

I continue to feel well as long as I can get to bed early. Of course I'd rather get more done, but it's a small price to pay.

Thanks for your prayers.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home