Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Don't Worry, Old Folks

Every once in awhile, someone of my generation is heard to lament the songs being sung in contemporary worship. "The children are missing out on all the great theology we learned in the hymns we sang," they cry. I thought about that in church this morning. We sang four or five songs, one of them a new spin on an oldie, "I Stand Amazed." The other songs, all new, were filled with wonderful theology about the majesty and mystery and faithful love of our great Maker. I watched the thoughtful expressions on the faces of our grandchildren as they sang their hearts out, and I thanked the Lord for contemporary song writers like Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, and many others. This generation will be just fine in terms of what they believe about God--as long as they sing and internalize these great songs. (I admit I still love our classic hymns, and I'm always happy when the kids find contemporary ways to sing them.)

Calli's team won their soccer game this afternoon and ended their season undefeated. We didn't go because it was quite bitterly cold. But we're proud of her.

Jeremy is on his way to Niamey Sunday afternoon as the DeValve family take their teenagers back to school following their first quarter break. He promises to post a new blog before they return to Tera. Sounds like he's had a great week out there.

I'm feeling so well. This afternoon I helped Gavin move several small trailer loads of rotting wood to the burn pile and burn it. I can't help thinking how much better I feel now than I did a year ago. Even though my cancer marker numbers don't indicate remission, my feelings certainly do. So I give thanks for all the good days, and continue doing everything I can do to hold the disease down. Especially pray and keep on Fully Relying On God.

We'll leave here at 5 am Monday for the trip home. No posting Monday morning.

Thanks for your prayers. We keep praying for you too.

Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue Oct 17, 03:50:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Hannatu said...

What a fresh perspective on contemporary Christian music. I love both...the old and the new. Maybe that's why Jars of Clay's "Redemption Songs" is one of my favorite CDs. I've got some photos of Jeremy on my blog! Just updated last night.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home