Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Chart and Compass

I like this morning prayer by Anna Lindgren (a fellow Swede):
"Master, early in the morning, before the multitudinous voices of the day disquiet, confuse and sidetrack me, 'I will stand upon my watch to see what You will say to me.' How I need Your quieting, reassuring, guiding voice! I have never walked the road that lies before me. I know nothing of its pitfalls, its unexpected turns, its shadows, its steep ascent or sudden decline. But You have been there before me. You know every inch of the way. You know about the temptation that will take me unawares, the sharp word that will sting and wound me, the unfriendly glance that will unbalance me, the situation that will call forth and test all my patience . . . Nothing is unknown to You. How then dare I face the day without first facing You? You are my Chart and my Compass."

Think about it. It's a privilege, when starting out on a new road, to put my hand into the hand of One Who has already walked it. What morning task could possibly be more urgent than that?!

Last evening was so delightful. None of us wanted it to end. Marcus and Jen are refreshingly authentic and exciting in their life in God. We met them one year ago when they were here for SIM orientation, and now they're fully supported and ready to leave in February for West Africa. He will serve in HIV/AIDS programs and she will work in children's ministries. Getting together again was a high and holy moment.

I am thankful to continue to feel well.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home