Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, October 20, 2006

What If?

My son-in-law Jeff loves history and so do I. He knows far more than I do about wars, and I've learned a lot from him. For one thing, terrible mistakes are made in all wars, and for another, in the middle of a war you can't tell how it's going to turn out. Just now I'm enjoying a book he loaned me titled What If? The authors take pivotal events in history (largely wars) and imagine the impact on all of us if those events had turned out differently. It's fascinating and thought-provoking and relevant to the present moment. For the believer, God's hand is evident even in history written by unbelievers. God's hand is at work today too, and yesterday in 1 Timothy I saw again what our role is. Verss 1-6:

"I urge you, first of all, to pray for all people. As you make your requests, plead for God's mercy upon them, and give thanks. Pray this way for kings and all others who are in authority so that we can live in peace and quietness, in godliness and dignity. This is good and pleases God our Savior, for He wants everyone to be saved and to understand the truth. For there is only one God and one Mediator who can reconcile God and people. He is the man Christ Jesus. He gave His life to purchase freedom for everyone."

This is serious. Before we blindly defend the leaders we love and villify the ones we don't, we're supposed to pray for them all. I'm trying to remember.

I'm so grateful for your prayers for me. Thank you. I feel well. The magazine is coming together s-l-o-w-l-y.

Today the niece of a good friend is burying her son. He survived two military tours of duty "in harm's way," then died this week in an auto accident near the East Coast. The niece just achieved remission in her desperate struggle with cancer. What a lot of heartache for that family! Also the funeral is today for my local friend's sister-in-law, who was killed Tuesday in an auto accident that seriously injured her husband. I know you are similarly burdened by crushing needs in your own circle of friendship. We pray for all of them, "pleading for God's mercy upon them."

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home