Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Heading North

We're going to Indiana today to help celebrate Calli's 12th birthday on Friday. Again we're thanking the Lord for our family and for the privilege of spending time with them. Sue (from Michigan) will come for awhile too. We don't have a phone line at the lake house, so I may miss a day or two on this site but I'll write whenever I can. (You'll want an update on the swans, I'm sure.) We'll head back to Charlotte on Monday.

Another answer to prayer: our Michigan friend who had the critical eye surgery on Monday came through very well and after seemingly endless eye drops these next couple of weeks, the doctor expects a good recovery. We're praising the Lord for this good report.

I've written a few times about my lack of energy. I think this is the common condition for everyone who is battling cancer (whether the result of cancer or kemo). Yesterday in 2 Thessalonians, I found two beautiful prayers by Paul that encouraged me. "And we pray that God, by his power, will fulfill all your good intentions and faithful deeds" (1:11). One more: "May our Lord Jesus Christ and God our Father, who loved us and in his special favor gave us everlasting comfort and good hope, comfort your hearts and give you strength in every good thing you do and say" (2:16-17). I guess one of the benefits of decreasing energy is the opportunity to develop increasing discernment--to claim God's strength for "good intentions" and "every good thing you do and say." If there's enough energy for "good," there's no point in lamenting the lack of energy for what's trivial or non-good.

So, today, may God comfort your heart and give you strength . . . .

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home