Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Ready for some good news?

Ready for some good news? A month ago we began praying for Heather who is 25, bi-polar and was not taking her meds. Angry and violent, she and her boyfriend were crashing with a series of "friends," from whom they stole at first chance. Her mother and stepfather were, of course, heartbroken. Chuck and I kept her on our daily prayer list; maybe you did too. Here's what God is doing:

She split with that boyfriend and has gone to live with distant relatives. Last Wednesday she called her mom, who reports, "She sounds really good," and "We had one of the best conversations we've had in a long time." Heather is in counseling and is taking her medications. She wants to take her mom to lunch this week. Her mom says she hasn't done anything kind for her in at least ten years. We need to pray that the mother will get relief from her fibro-myalgia and other nerve pain so she can drive the 20 minutes she needs to travel. After God has done so much in Heather's heart, I know He can do this for the mother too! And let's pray for a positive, healing conversation. God is so good.

He's good to me too. These days I'm feeling well, though I remember with longing all the energy I used to have. It's okay. What I need to do, I can do--by His help and grace.

Love,
Carol

3 Comments:

At Tue Oct 10, 09:33:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI CAROL
REMEMBER ME SAYING TO YOU THAT YOU HAD AN EXTRA PORTION OF ENERGY?...YOU AGREED....AREN'T WE GLAD GOD GAVE YOU SOME EXTRA ENERGY....SO, YOU CAN KEEP DOING THE THINGS THAT YOU NEED TO DO....
GOD IS AMAZING.......
A.D. IN AL.

 
At Wed Oct 11, 07:04:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, It's Eileen, your mothers friend. My mother is now in one room from hers. I had a very difficult time going there for the first time without her being there. Even to see mom.
Would you do me a favor and go to the web site www.knowthecause.com and click on what I would do if I had cancer. It has helped all those who have done this. I love you. Miss you too. Praying for you. Get well!

 
At Thu Oct 12, 05:16:00 AM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Oh, Eileen, what a pleasure to hear from you! I hope the home will be a place of blessing for your mother. Thank you again for all the times you blessed my mom by your love and visits and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home