Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, October 05, 2006

The New "Normal"

I've been realizing that one adjusts to situations. I call it the new "normal." Life is still sweet and a wonderful gift. The cloddy (from neuropathy) feet still walk--less gracefully. The clumsy fingers still type and play the piano--more carefully. The tired body still moves--more slowly. And the port that would have seemed an intrusion back in January now seems like a really good idea. Yesterday's kemo hunt for a vein was uncomfortable but finally successful, and I'm very grateful for your prayers. And our home, which has been so filled with Jeremy's joyful presence, will be empty of him after this morning. That will take some getting used to. The day has come for his longed-for departure for Niger, where God's next call awaits him. He has talked frequently with the teenagers in the missionary family just back from there, and they've given him great insights on the people, culture, and country. Their presence at SIM this week has been a gift. His October 3 blog (jeremyinafrica.blogspot.com) expresses poetically the strong and varied emotions he's feeling.

Our Sunday School friend with lung cancer had a big disappointment yesterday. He and his lovely wife were finally scheduled to get the report on his latest scan--after 6 months of chemo-therapy and 35 radiation treatments. Instead, they found that the radiation had caused such extensive scarring that it was impossible to see the lungs and lymph system at all. Now we will pray for the scarring to heal and that the next scan scheduled in December will finally show what's been happening with his cancer. And of course we pray that God has been healing it! We often quote the scriptural truth that we "walk by faith," but in the cancer journey we also "wait by faith."

Thank you--always--for your love and prayers.

Carol

2 Comments:

At Thu Oct 05, 10:45:00 AM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A friend told me about your blog- I wanted to let you know that I think/pray for you often-

this is one of my favorite hymns and wanted to share with you

It reminds me that even though my days aren't going so great- He is always with me.

God Bless


Be Not Afraid

You shall cross the barren desert,
but you shall not die of thirst.
You shall wander far in safety,
though you do not know the way.

You shall speak your words in foreign lands,
and all will understand,
You shall see the face of God and live.

Be not afraid,
I go before you always,
Come follow Me,
and I shall give you rest.

If you pass through raging waters
in the sea, you shall not drown.
If you walk amidst the burning flames,
you shall not be harmed.

If you stand before the pow’r of hell
and death is at your side,
know that I am with you, through it all

Be not afraid,
I go before you always,
Come follow Me,
and I shall give you rest.

Blessed are your poor,
for the Kingdom shall be theirs.
Blest are you that weep and mourn,
for one day you shall laugh.

And if wicked men insult and hate you, all because of Me,
blessed, blessed are you!

Be not afraid,
I go before you always,
Come follow Me,
and I shall give you rest.

 
At Fri Oct 06, 01:08:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger Carol Wilson said...

Thank you, anonymous. This is a wonderful hymn and I treasure the words. I also sent them along to Jeremy, who just arrived in Africa. They seem particularly relevant to him as well.

I appreciate your prayers, and your sharing this with me.

Carol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home