Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, October 09, 2006

Respecting a Miracle

Last evening I spent a couple of hours on the internet researching the new kemo, Doxil, and also several sites about ovarian cancer that I hadn't encountered before. Here's what I learned. Medicine has no hope to offer me. For one thing, I'm among the 20-25% of patients who do not gain remission with the first six kemo treatments. (I've now had 15.) Those in remission statistically relapse within 5-6 months, and even with treatment their survival is measured in months. So am I discouraged? No, nothing has changed. Especially not God! We will continue to F.R.O.G. (Fully Rely On God) and wait to see what His plans are. As the smartest Person in the universe, He is well qualified to make decisions about my life and death. Last evening's research opened my eyes to recognize the many miracles He does every day. And if He chooses to heal me for awhile it will be, unquestionably, a miracle--not a medical remission. We're discussing travel and conference plans for next spring and summer, and I think we should go ahead and make plans by faith, saying "As the Lord wishes." You who have no disease can't be any more sure than that anyway, can you?

For new readers, let me explain about "kemo." Several months ago my two youngest grandchildren sent notes in which both wished me well with my "kemo." It was so cute, and looked less toxic, so I decided to use that spelling from then on.

Our Sunday School class yesterday was a call to stay spiritually alert--to not become sluggish (from Hebrews 5 and 6). "Our great desire is that you will keep right on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true. Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent (the word in Greek means sluggish). Instead you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God's promises because of their faith and patience" (6:11-12). The bane of my gardening life is the slug--I certainly don't want to be one!

We are planning to go to Indiana on Thursday or Friday for a long weekend. I think grandson Gavin and I will get to cook the birthday dinner for granddaughter Calli who will turn 12 on Friday. We're excited to see that family, and Sue plans to come too and possibly her husband Jeff. Friends are coming to see us on Wednesday--oh joy. And in the meantime there's the fun of writing a new magazine.

Looks like this journey through cancer and this blog about it will go on for awhile. Thank you for sticking with us. Your love and prayers mean more than we can ever say.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home