Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, December 11, 2006

More Thoughts about Simeon and Anna

What longing impelled him,
Old, weary, and bowed?
What voice said to Simeon,
"Go now!
Go now!"?

The same voice that whispered
One day now long past,
"In life you will see Him--
The Christ!
The Christ!"

The parents and Simeon
And Anna, the seer,
With joy recognized Him--
He's here!
He's here!

I, too, long to see Him,
To tune to His word,
With still heart to tremble,
My Lord!
My Lord!

There must be a sixth sense (or tenth, or whatever) that some people develop for knowing/seeing/hearing/experiencing God. It's a beautiful thing. I read recently, in Rob Bell's Velvet Elvis, that a tour guide is one who sees the amazing within the ordinary. And once they point it out to us, we see with new eyes too. Annie Dillard calls herself a stalker of truth. Virginia Stem Owens calls herself a spy. Tom (our Sunday School teacher) is a God chaser. Today, may we all see the "amazing within the ordinary."

Last evening we did an old-faschioned thing; we went to our neighbors for a Christmas cup of coffee. (Spur-of-the-minute, with a phone call first.) It was lovely.

I hope my cancer buddy gets some word today about his biopsy. And we continue to pray that my kemo is driving out my cancer. Because of holiday schedules and our travel, I'm getting my CA 125 test this coming Friday. That's only slightly past two weeks since kemo; I hope it will give helpful guidance for the doctor's next steps. More than that, we're praying it will show a drop in cancer antigens. Thanks for praying with us. I'm still tired, and so is Chuck. At least we're slowing down together!

Have an amazing-within-the ordinary day. And create stillness, somehow.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home