Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Pottery Painting and Gingerbread Houses

Yesterday stretched our creative capacities. At Pottery Bayou, each of us decorated an item for someone else. It was fun, especially to observe the way everyone thought carefully about the recipient's preferences and interests in order to reflect them in their "work of art." We'll have to wait about a week to get them back from the firing.

Last evening we trimmed seven gingerbread houses. Several pounds of icing and candy resulted in an amazing village. I'd love to post a photo, but the connection is so slow that it's not working. I'll do it as soon as I can.

How much good is in our lives because of the Incarnation! Now at Christmas Eve (even though Jesus was certainly not born in the winter), we're celebrating all that he brought to us when he came--and continues to give us daily by his Spirit. It's pretty obvious that we humans, by our own efforts, aren't going to bring about "peace on earth," although we certainly need to live personal lives of peace. Still, we rest in the huge hope of the total peace that will prevail when he is finally King over all. Old Anna knew a bunch of people in Jerusalem who were eagerly expecting the coming of the Christ, and she talked with them. I think we, too, are in a circle of friends who are eagerly expecting his next coming.

I'm continuing to feel well, and trying to do all the things that I believe are my role to play in my beating this cancer. The outcome, as always, is in God's hands.

Have a blessed Christmas.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home