Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, February 24, 2007

"Fungi"-Fighting Faith Builders

Here are the comments I've received with advice for beating the "fungi" that keep us from Fully Relying On God. (I did post an update earlier this morning, so scroll on down if you haven't seen it yet; it contains wonderful news from Jeremy in Niger.)

FIGHT FUNGUS BY BEING "SONSHINE"........I DON'T THINK FUNGUS'S LIKE SONSHINE....SO,THERE, FUNGUS!!! [I think this means walking in the Light.]

In all circumstances-only believe. That is-believe in God's love for us and His continual mercy toward us. We usually have our own preconceived notions about what God "will" do or what we "want" God to do in certain circumstances, but if we FROG, we can let those preconceived ideas go, and trust God with hearing and answering our prayers in ways that bless us and glorify Him.

I'd say, even when you don't understand, follow God and trust that he'll bring you through. Faith doesn't come in an instant...it gradually builds after every step you take toward God. Trust that God has the right plan. Keep in prayer so you know God's direction, and follow it, whether you like it or not.

And here is my contribution to the “pharmacy” against “fungi” that defeat faith: God’s Word, the Bible. I find it essential to feed my soul with it daily, in order to not forget how reliable God is. Our Sunday school teacher has trained us well to always read the Bible to discover more about God.

One more: hang around with positive people whose faith can encourage yours.

[It's pretty basic, isn't it? Read the Bible. Pray. Believe God. Obey God. Make time for fellowship with Christian friends.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home