Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Tears in my eyes

I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, previewing a movie about William Carey. How much he and his family endured in order to follow God's call to India. I get to teach a couple of classes in Milwaukee in early March for the Perspectives course (a global movement of mission education), and my assigned lesson is about the pioneers of modern mission history. William Carey is, of course, one of them, and I think excerpts of movies will make the class more interesting. Hudson Taylor (pioneer to inland China) and Helen Roseveare (representing thousands of effective missionary women) are the other two for whom I have movies to show.

In a couple of days we'll gather the various comments about how to fight the FROG fungus and continue to Fully Rely On God. Watch this space. And add your own comments if you like. (The anti-fungus project was introduced in last Saturday's blog, 2/27.)

As for the CA 125, I think we all know that higher or lower numbers really don't change anything. At least not for today. But still, I appreciate that you care so much! So as soon as I get the report (in about four hours, I think), I'll post the number here. Thank you so much for continuing to pray. [News just in: the CA 125 is 115.28. (That's a beautiful drop of about 70.)]

Do you remember my excitement about joining the Justice Project to help make a difference in one of Charlotte's fragile neighborhoods? This afternoon is the first meeting of the Kids Krew, which is the ministry I felt drawn to. I'm still excited.

Love,
Carol

2 Comments:

At Thu Feb 22, 12:54:00 PM GMT-5, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WE ARE PRAISING GOD FOR THE BEAUTIFUL NUMBER....70!
REGARDING "FROG FUNGUS" WE CAN BE ANTIFUNGUS FIGHTERS BY BEING "SONSHINE"........I DON'T THINK FUNGUS'S LIKE SONSHINE....SO,THERE, FUNGUS!!!
BOB & ANNE

 
At Thu Feb 22, 06:44:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger linda said...

Hey! The Justice Project sounds really intriguing... from the little I have heard. Could you send me some information on how to get involved or learn more? You can leave a comment on my blog...thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home