Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, April 13, 2007

God Makes no Mistakes

Mistakes and failure are natural events in our lives. If we’re unwilling to risk them, we freeze our creativity and stifle our possibilities. But imagine this: God never makes a mistake—never fails. My Moody classmate Virgil Reeves sent this poem:

My Father’s way may twist and turn,
My heart may throb and ache;
But in my soul I’m glad to know,
Our God makes no mistake.
My cherished plans may go astray,
My fondest hopes may fade away;
But still I trust my Lord to lead,
My Father knows the way.
There’s so much now I cannot see,
My eyesight’s still too dim,
But come what may, I still can trust,
And leave it all to Him.
For by and by the fog will lift,
And all things clear He’ll make;
Through all the way, though dark to me,
He made not one mistake.
A.M. Overton

We arrived in Greenville a few minutes before noon yesterday, and it seemed only about ten minutes later that someone exclaimed, "It's six o'clock already." Our meal, our conversation, our singing around the piano--all those sweet moments flew away. But we're warmed by wonderful memories.

This cancer journey begins to seem a chronic thing. So far from an all-out assault on an Everest-like mountain, it's more like slogging through mud. I think my struggles are similar to those everyone in "ordinary" situations faces: the battle to think straight, the need to eat right and exercise faithfully (I want exactly the opposite of what's good for me), and the discipline required to resist the call of the trivial and focus, instead, on God and people. Simply stated, I need prayer for my attitude, my habits, and my focus. Did I say simple?

Thanks for caring and praying.

Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home