Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Still thinking of me

When I awoke this morning, God was still thinking about me. And about you! (from Psalm 139)

Last week I heard someone refer to CS Lewis' novel, That Hideous Strength. It's been ages since I read it, so I dug out my dog-eared paperback and started reading it on our trip. I won't try here to explain the plot. He shows brilliantly how people with evil intentions can manipulate language to cloud truth and deceive seemingly intelligent people. Now, however, I want to share a simple and charming conversation from page 113.

"That's why Camilla and I got married," said Denniston as they drove off. "We both like Weather. Not this or that kind of weather, but just Weather. It's a useful taste if one lives in England."

"How ever did you learn to do that, Mr. Denniston?" said Jane. "I don't think I should ever learn to like rain and snow."

"It's the other way round," said Denniston. "Everyone begins as a child by liking Weather. You learn the art of disliking it as you grow up."

"I'm sure I hated wet days as a child," said Jane.

"That's because the grown-ups kept you in," said Camilla. "Any child loves rain if it's allowed to go out and paddle about in it."

Well! I think it would be good to unlearn some of the dislikes I picked up in moving out of childhood, and instead learn the art of liking all kinds of "Weather" again.

Kemo is at 9 this morning. I have the sense that my battle with cancer has moved into a crucial phase. I so appreciate your prayers.

Jeremy is scheduled to fly out of Niger tonight (that will be late afternoon in the States). We appreciate all your prayers for him too throughout these months and now as he travels.

Gratefully,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home