Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Perspective

Kemo was painless and smooth. Thank God. I slept long and soundly in the afternoon, and now I feel caught up and I'm looking forward to a good day at work. My face has the usual day-after-kemo flush.

During the celebration of our 50th anniversary graduation reunion at Moody Bible Institute in Chicago in February, one of our classmates offered to be a “hub” for communication among the class. Last week we heard from a guy who couldn’t attend due to continuing effects of a stroke three years ago. He can’t walk easily or speak clearly, but continues his ministry of encouragement by writing. He says the stroke didn’t affect his mind, but his son says, “That’s what you think!” (I’m sure my family and friends would say the same about me. I blame “kemo brain.”) Anyway, I want to pass along to you a short paragraph from Lin’s letter:

“Oftentimes, when people try to sympathize with me, I remind them of the Westminster Shorter Catechism concerning the effects of sin. ‘The effects of sin are: loss of communion with God, coming under His wrath and curse, the miseries of this life, death itself, and the pains of hell forever.’ Of that list, the least important is often regarded as the most significant—viz, the miseries of this life. The miseries of this life are momentary.”

It’s all a matter of perspective.

Have a great day.
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home