Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Monday, April 02, 2007

When I Waken

The dear folks at Bluffton made us feel so welcome. Steve and Annie Chapman, by their music and words, reminded us how precious family relationships are. Traveling with friends was fun and encouraging. It was a refreshing weekend. We're so thankful to God for keeping us safe and well.

The Sunday school teacher we heard at Bluffton Church referred us to Psalm 139:17, "How precious it is, Lord, to realize that you are thinking about me constantly! I can't even count how many times a day your thoughts turn toward me. And when I waken in the morning, you are still thinking of me!" I'm going to try to form the habit of waking up each morning with this thought: You are still thinking of me. (God doesn't need to be reminded, but I do.) J.I. Packer, the eminent theologian, says that he recites a litany of simple truths several times a day. His reason? We "leak." We might know the fact that God loves us, but events in our lives poke holes in our remembering. So I remind myself, "God is still thinking of me."

Bob, our Nassau friend with lung cancer, was summoned to Houston to begin treatment last Thursday. The clinic had told him they couldn't start until this week, so he and his wife had returned home to Nassau for the interim. Packing for three months on one day's notice was hectic. JD Anderson Clinic must run 24 hours a day; his treatments are all in the evening. He had a terrible reaction to the first chemo treatment Friday night. Please pray for Bob. Thanks. Makes me realize again how blessed I've been through so many uneventful kemos.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home