Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, March 31, 2007

Refreshing

Our time at the lake has been refreshing. Lots of walking and talking and laughing.

We’re heading over to Bluffton this afternoon, anticipating a good time with the friends there. This evening we’ll have dinner at their church and then hear Steve Chapman speak. Tomorrow morning Steve and Annie Chapman will sing and no doubt speak in the worship service. And after that, we’ll start on our very long trip back to Charlotte. I’m sure there won’t be a blog at all on Sunday.

I started reading the book of Judges this morning. Every time I do, I want to cry. It says the people of Israel faithfully followed the Lord throughout the lifetime of Joshua and all the old people who remembered His miraculous deeds of deliverance and guidance and the conquest. Apparently, when the last of the rememberers died, the people lapsed into their “natural” behavior, which was to rebel against the Lord and worship the local idols. Isn’t that sad? I guess the issue for all of us is how to internalize our commitment to God to such an extent that even after we lose our mentors, we remain faithful. Every day we need the humility to realize that within us is the potential to rebel or forget. I hate it, but I think it’s true. When Joshua said, “Choose this day whom you will serve,” maybe he meant literally that it would be a daily choice: choose today, and tomorrow, and the next day, and every day, whom you will serve.

See you Monday.

Love,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home