Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Saturday, April 28, 2007

Still Thinking of Me

When I woke up this morning, my mind went to Psalm 139:18, which in one newer translation says, "When I wake up, you are still thinking of me." I wrote about that here a few weeks ago, and it encouraged me again today. Often I berate myself for letting my thoughts get tangled in trivial things, not even aware of God for awhile. Yet he is not forgetful of me. I'm once again putting both feet firmly on his grace and his memory of me!

Yesterday I heard a beautiful woman tell about her serious burn accident and what she has done with the experience. It happened in Bolivia, and eventually she was flown back to the States for treatment. Recovered, she started a ministry called Burn Care International to help burn victims in the developing world, starting in Bolivia and expanding to Afghanistan and some countries in Africa. (She's not on the web yet.) She provides training for medical people, and also trains seamstresses to sew the pressure suits so vital to prevent disfiguring scarring. She seems glad for her tragedy, because it opened the door for her to help so many. I'm impressed that she didn't wait to form a big organization. She simply got started. Incidentally, the burn patients in Afghanistan are often women who attempted suicide by fire, or women whose fathers tried to burn them because somehow they caused shame to the family. There's a thick wall between our privileged existence and that of our sisters elsewhere, isn't there?

I'm thankful to feel well, and I plan to use today to eliminate some clutter from our home. Not my favorite occupation, but it seems worthwhile this morning. I'll also go get some tomato plants and put them in the ground.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home