Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Chemo #31 is behind us

Chemo yesterday went well, and Carol is still sleeping this morning. I know many check the blog early, so I will fill in for her this morning so that hopefully she can get a little extra rest.

This morning I was reading David’s Psalm 69 in The Message, when he was going through a most difficult time. He said :

“God, God, save me!
I’m in over my head,
Quicksand under me, swamp water over me;
I’m going down for the third time.”

And he continues to describe his situation in most graphic terms. But then he adds his concern for others, which I find to be a great reminder to me:

“Don’t let those who look to you in hope
be discouraged by what happens to me,
Dear Lord! God of the armies!
Don’t let those out looking for you
Come to a dead end by following me—
Please, dear God of Israel!”

Isn’t that our desire too? How many people do we rub shoulders with each day that we can either encourage or discourage in their walk or search for the Lord?

Again, I am reminded that it is about HIM not about me/us regardless what challenges we face. Might David’s prayer be ours today.

Our love to you all,

Chuck…and Carol too

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home