Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, May 11, 2007

Last journal entry

More from Cat Island

“After I returned from visiting Grandpa (his body well but his mind already in heaven), Alice and I worked together for two years; she was ‘one in a million.’ Then a young man came to visit her in the summer of 1978; oh my,  a number of interesting stories could be told of that summer. They were married, and moved to the mission house and served on the island for several years.”

 

(Note: That’s the end of the journal. My father died in May 1977, and my mother continued her school ministry on the island, with a number of different helpers, until her severe arthritis forced her to leave in 1985. She lived in Nassau a short while, then moved to a mission school on the Mexico-Texas border where she taught until 1995, visiting her kids up north every summer. Finally she “retired” in Wisconsin, where she died in 2003, two+ months before her 90th birthday.)

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home