Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Sister Is Hurting

I need to be brief. We have a house guest and I want to have breakfast ready before she needs to leave. (By the way, Blogger forgot to adjust for daylight time; that's why it looks like I'm up earlier than I really am.)

Chuck and I are members of a network of Christian senior adults who open their homes for overnight stays. We have stayed with others only three or four times, but we've had the privilege of hosting many delightful people from all over the U.S. Last night's guest really grabbed my heart. She's on her way to her daughter's home in order to care for five (!) young children while her daughter does an intensive college course. Eighteen months ago, a toddler in the family slipped out the back door, fell in the swimming pool, and drowned. Less than a year later, another baby joined the family. But the tragedy overwhelmed the already fragile marriage, and this woman's daughter and son-in-law are now separated and heading for divorce. Our guest is a very lovely person, but she's hurting. She's heading for a very difficult job, too, although she's excited about being with her grandchildren. Would you join me in offering up a prayer for her?

The surgeon was very encouraging yesterday; everything looks good, he said. He also concurs that the oncologist is making the right decisions regarding chemotherapy. God has used that, he reminded us, to keep me alive. (He's sure I'd have died by last August without treatment.) I'm not only alive, but feeling well. I am so blessed!

Love, and thanks,
Carol

1 Comments:

At Tue May 08, 05:34:00 PM GMT-5, Blogger linda said...

I am so glad things are going well for you and you've gotten good reports from the docs! You are in my prayers..

Well, just wanted to stop by your blog and catch up- and say a quick "hi"! I still want to visit your church one of these days, but with the end of school I've been overwhelmed with things. Maybe I'll stop by the office to chat one of these days.. (:

Have an great week!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home