Carol Wilson Update

Stage 4 Cancer brought many challenges--and also a host of loving and praying friends. Almost-daily postings to this site are to help my friends walk with me through this journey, and to express my gratitude to them and especially to God...On 7/8/08 Carol passed through that final curtain of death and is now healed. We thank God for her life and "arrival"! Chuck

Friday, May 11, 2007

Asking for Help

My journey through the chronological Bible has brought me to a collection of David's psalms. They're more than 3,000 years old, but more relevant than anything being written today! Here is part of Psalm 25 (New Living Translation):

Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord;
Point out the right road for me to follow.
Lead me by your truth and teach me,
for you are the God who saves me.
All day long I put my hope in you.

Remember, O Lord, your unfailing love and compassion,
which you have shown from long ages past.
Forgive the rebellious sins of my youth;
Look instead through the eyes of your unfailing love,
for you are merciful, O Lord.

The Lord is good and does what is right;
He shows the proper path to those who go astray.
He leads the humble in what is right,
teaching them his way.
The Lord leads with unfailing love and faithfulness
all those who keep his covenant and obey his decrees.
. . .
Friendship with the Lord is reserved for those who fear him.
With them he shares the secrets of his covenant.

We're in a flurry of organizing and packing now. Tomorrow morning we fly to the Bahamas. I found five little swallowtail larvae on my parsley bush, and my neighbor friends have agreed to tend them. These are the same boys who exclaim, "Look, Mom, there's a UPS (Urgent Prayer Support) truck--we need to pray for Miss Carol." I appreciate them so much!

Another neighbor's daughter is graduating Saturday with her B.S. degree--the first in both her extended family and their church to do so. We stopped in with our gift and to give our regrets at missing the party. What celebration there! We have huge respect for this wonderful family.

I feel well again this morning, and need to think well too, in order to leave everything in order at work for the week I'll be away.

Blessings,
Carol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home